Monday, February 22, 2010

Since the job searching thing has become the absolute center of my world this last semester of business school...I stop to think how different networking would be without social media.

I hear about every job post via twitter. Instead of endlessly googling companies and searching on their website under careers, it has been so much easier to follow them on twitter and see the job postings.

Facebook has also served to be great...I am constantly look at old friends from high school and undergrad to see where they have been working...maybe they could hand my resume to someone right??

So, since I waste the better part of my day tweeting and facebooking, I guess I will thank them when I land my dream job :-)

2 comments:

  1. Companies post job openings on Twitter? That's awesome. I did the same thing with job hunting/Facebook...casually dropping hints to old friends that worked at companies I was interested in...it really makes that awful process a lot more fun when you get to simultaneously play on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What better way to job hunt & network?!.... Using social networking & social media sites we are already comfortable with....

    ReplyDelete