Sunday, February 28, 2010

Augmented reality? Bring it on!

So, maybe I'm spending too much time on twitter and facebook, because I have never heard of "augmented reality--ar". In general, I am a huge advocate of social media. I do not fear that people are stalking me on my facebook page, predators are seeking me via gps on my iphone, and all those other things that people tend to fear as technology gets more and more advanced.

As far as augmented reality--I think this is a fantastic idea. I honestly don't know how I lived before my iphone or my iphone apps..I find myself in my car all the time and Im like meera--find this..and out comes the iphone with all its glorious answers to everything.

However, augmented reality takes this to a whole new level--putting your phone up to someone and having their facebook page pop up above their head--FANTASTIC! It definitely is going to make networking easier...haha walking around networking events holding my phone up to everyone to get a profile will definitely improve proficiency--- I say bring it on!

3 comments:

  1. Haha wow, I clearly missed reading a good article! Holding a phone above someone's head and all of a sudden their Facebook profile pops up? How fun. If this technology takes off, networking events will be both easier and more awkward, with everyone waving their phones around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely curious on where augmented reality is going. And I am excited! Even though I haven't played the Sims or logged onto Second Life, I think its awesome to learn a subject or visit a place that is currently out of my reach (ie learning about things in outerspace or under water) This allows me to save money and be safe while learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! What if you don't want someone grabbing your fbook page...do we dance around trying to avoid the phone above our head while they try to grab it? In any case, i like the idea of augmented reality because the technologies that are being developed with social media at its root are just freaking amazing. I def want to see what's next. And yes, you know I can't find anything on that iPhone.

    ReplyDelete